Friday, February 8, 2008

Rhapsody of Steel Film (1959)


Last week we looked at the children's book version of the 1959 industrial film, Rhapsody of Steel.

Today, thanks to Kevin Kidney and the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive, we can view the entire film.

The last four minutes of Rhapsody of Steel envisions a futuristic world where steel is king. That clip appears below. A special thanks to Rob B. for the link.





See also:
Rhapsody of Steel (1959)
Man and the Moon (1955)
Mars and Beyond (1957)
The Future was Built on Steel
Wernher von Braun's Space Shuttle (1950s)
Animal Life on Mars (1957)
Plant Life on Mars (1957)

3 comments:

Cory Gross said...

That was actually really cool... There were plenty of parts that struck me as being more visually dynamic than the launch sequence of Man in Space.

Anonymous said...

I got yer rhapsody of steel riiiight here!

Sorry I just had to say that.

I wonder if US Steel also makes titanium and aluminum cuz I doubt many spaceships have super heavy steel I-beams like that one has.

Arkonbey said...

Damn. Bonnach took my comment. Curse you and your logic! Ha! I will add magnesium to the list.

Even in contemporary aircraft steel wasn't used all that much.